Every gift must be assigned to a Source Code for data entry and that Source Code must exist in Julep before the gift can be entered. So, before you begin data entry or import gifts, you should first focus on entering your codes.
If you have not already, please take a minute to review the Julep - Fundraising Codes guide on the HelpDesk for more information on fundraising codes. It will define several terms in this document.
Entering Source Codes One at a Time
If you have a single Source Code, or just a handful, it is easiest to enter them manually one at a time. Each Source Code must be linked to an Initiative Code, so begin by confirming which initiative will be linked or create a new one if necessary. **Each Initiative Code must also be linked to a Program so that all three codes are linked to one another.
- To add a new Initiative, go to the Fundraising Dashboard, and click the Settings button in the top right and the Initiative tab, from there you can search for an existing initiative or create a new one by clicking .
- Enter the Code you want to use and then add a Description. Use the drop-down menu under the description to select the appropriate Program. You may also select an Initiative Type, Sub-Program, and enter a Note, but those fields are not required. Then click .
- A new Initiative window will appear with options. If you are entering a single source code and you would like to name it the same as the initiative code you just created, click on the Create a Single Source Code button that appears after you have created the new initiative. You can also Edit Initiative and Import Source Codes.
- Otherwise, you can begin adding Source codes by clicking the Add Source button under the Source Codes tab in the initiative window or you can go back to the Fundraising Settings section and click on the Source tab.
- Creating a new source code is very similar to creating a new initiative, click , enter your Code and Description and select the linked Initiative from the drop-down menu. In this window you can also link to an event by entering an Event Code in the Post $ to Event field. Additionally, there is the option to place cost details, date, and quantities if you want to track mailing information for this Source Code. Then click Save.
- To edit an existing source code, go to theSource tab and click the button on the left-side of the source code. You will then have the ability to Edit Source Code, Edit Budget, and Merge.
Importing Source Codes
Start by entering your source codes and descriptions into your import template. If you have not already, please download the Source Code Import Template (see attachment below) from the HelpDesk. The required fields are Source Code and Source Description. Confirm that the correct linked Initiative has already been entered into Julep. If not, please follow the directions above for creating an initiative.
- Be sure to only have a single Source worksheet in the excel file and delete any unnecessary worksheets.
- Next, go to Settings from the button on the Fundraising Dashboard’s Navigation Bar. Click the button to open the Initiative that you want to link these source codes to. Click the button within the Initiative’s window.
- In Step 1: Upload File, click the button and select the file you want to import.
- In Step 2: Mapping, click the Auto Mapping or Load Mapping button to map the fields or manually match the columns in the file to those in the database.
- In Step 3: Validate and Import, click and either the source codes will be imported or a list of errors will appear for you to view. If you have errors, you will need to correct the errors in the excel and then begin the upload process again with the updated worksheet.
Please sign in to leave a comment.