Integrate your Anedot Campaigns directly with Julep to push your real time online fundraising data directly into your organization’s Julep database.
To get started, you must first create an Anedot account. Once the account has been established, you will need to take the following steps to complete your Anedot account integration with Julep:
- Locate and copy the Anedot API Token.
- Create the corresponding Julep API Token
- Link the Julep API Toke to the Anedot Campaign.
Locate and copy the Anedot API Token
First, you will need to provide Julep with your unique Anedot API Token to validate your Anedot account settings. Follow the directions below to locate the token in Anedot.
1. Log into Anedot
2. On the left side of the home Dashboard click on the Email, Login, and Security.
3. Scroll down until you see API Token. Then click the button.
4. The API Token will appear. Copy the full Token that appears on the screen and use it in the next step.
Create the corresponding Julep API Token
Next, create a corresponding Julep API Token for each organization’s Fund Code that has a unique Anedot Account to have the Anedot campaigns’ results push into Juelp under that Fund Code.
NOTE: Only Julep Project Admin users can enable these settings.
1. Log into Julep.
2. Click on the My Account drop down located in the top right corner of Julep and select the Account settings option.
3. Click on the button that appears in the top right corner of the window.
4. The Organization Information will appear. Click on the at the footer of the screen.
5. Click on the Anedot button.
6. Click to start a new integration for a specific Fund Code.
NOTE: To edit an existing integration, click the name of the integration you wish to edit.
- Enter the Email Address associated with your Anedot user account. Then enter the Anedot API token copied and saved earlier in step 1.
- If you have more than one organization account associated with your user account, a list of accounts will appear. Select the correct one for integration setup.
- The Campaign Name will appear as a button. Click on the name to complete the setup.
- Complete the fields on the screen. Fund code must be assigned before clicking
- Token– Not editable. Click to copy the Token.
- Fund Code – Select the fund code related the Campaign integration being setup.
- Default Source Code – Select the Source Code to be applied to all gifts pushed through this integration. By default, the “ANEDOT” Source Code will be selected.
- NOTE:Source Code must already exist in Fundraising Settings.
- Default Channel– Select the Channel to be applied to all gifts pushed through this integration. By default, the “Web” Channel will be selected.
- Default Account Code– Select the bank Account to be applied to all gifts pushed through this integration (optional).
- Default Payment Type – Select the Payment Type to be applied to all gifts pushed through this integration. By default, the “AN - Anedot” payment type will be selected.
- Time Zone – All Anedot transactions are time stamped and passed to Julep in Coordinated Universal Time(UTC) time. The Anedot integration Time Zone setting tells Julep what to convert the transaction date/time stamp to which will determine the Batch Date of the transaction in Julep.
- NOTE 1: By default, the Time Zone will be set to Eastern Standard Time (EST). To change the default, use the dropdown to select a different time zone before clicking Submit.
- NOTE2: Transactions internally processed in Anedot or Julep will use the Date selected on the internal form during data entry rather than the date of processing.
- Click at the top to copy the Token and get ready to add it to your Anedot account settings.
- Click when done.
Link the Julep API Token to the Anedot Campaign
The final step in the integration process is adding the Julep API Token to your Anedot Integrations settings.
- Return to your Anedot
- Select the Accountfor Integration setup.
- Click on the Settingsmenu option at the top.
- Click on the Integrationstab option.
- Look for Julep, then click .
- Add the Julep API Token and click when done.
NOTE: You will need to add an integration for both Anedot Campaigns and Action pages if you are utilizing both page types to process transactions.
Integration Setup Complete
You have now successfully completed the integration. In the current version of the Julep integration, the successful setup should result in a new webhook being added to your account.
- To confirm setup was successful, click Send Test Payload. Anedot will provide a confirmation message on the page confirming.
- To disconnect the integration, you can Delete the Julep webhook in your Anedot integration setting.
Please sign in to leave a comment.